Hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30, with peak season running from mid-August to late October. It is important to be prepared. Please read the following helpful tips to help ensure you and your family have a plan of action in place.
- Know where to go if you need to evacuate.
- Put together an emergency bag (i.e., flashlight, batteries, cash, first aid supplies, medications, and copies of your critical information)
- Ensure you have plenty of water and nonperishable food for your family and pets
- Check your insurance coverage
- Make a family emergency communication plan
- Trim or remove damaged trees and limbs to keep you and your property safe
- Secure loose rain gutters and downspouts and clear them of any debris
- Portable generators can be especially handy if the power goes out
Your safety is our top priority. Visit https://www.ready.gov/hurricanes for more helpful tips.