First Day Training Ideas- For New Employees
Leaving a great first impression about the overall culture of your company can be all in the little details. Get creative with your training and have some fun while doing it. What do you find most important to cover on the 1st day of employee training? What are your essentials?
- Focus on company policies and procedures
- Go into detail on what your company does, company history and background, etc.
- Focus on company culture and incorporate some interaction with other employees
- Mainly focus on the day-to-day processes and what the job looks like
- Expectations, goals, what the position entails etc.
We came up with some some fun ideas to incorporate into your new hire welcome kit/training:
- First, to give a warm welcome, we print out a “Welcome” flyer and each employee signs it to greet the new employee.
- We like to give our new employees a binder or handbook to refer back to and take notes in throughout the week of training. We find that by implementing an outline of training expectations helps put the employee at ease while learning important information.
- We print out an office map with each employees name and department for easy reference. Can also include a list of employee extensions and direct numbers with the map.
- A Company t-shirt is also provided to wear on casual Friday’s.
- Also give them a TPI Staffing tumbler that will keep their drinks hot or cold! This is an employee favorite!
- We put a framed picture of employees on their desk.
- Have business cards made with their new email and phone number to make them feel even more part of the team- important to have on the first day.