Develop an effective hiring strategy to prepare for recruitment and plan for your company's success in 2020. The Human Resources field is constantly changing, so it's essential to keep up with the latest trends that will affect the recruiting life cycle. Are you ready for 2020?
Develop an effective hiring strategy to prepare for recruitment and plan for your company's success in 2020. The Human Resources field is constantly changing, so it's essential to keep up with the latest trends that will affect the recruiting life cycle. How do you best plan for a seemingly unpredictable future? It starts with having the right approach and setting goals and expectations for the year. Make sure your company is set up for success in the New Year!
2020 Recruitment Plan:
1. Content Marketing
Goal setting in recruitment can be directly tied to goal setting within marketing campaigns. When it comes to attracting talent and increasing the number of qualified applicants to your job board, these go hand-in-hand. In order to be successful, HR and Marketing Teams need to work alongside each other to create a weekly, monthly, or quarterly plan of action to execute throughout the year. Discuss the types of positions you will be hiring for, specifications, job requirements, and develop personas to create a target candidate profile.
Ask yourself, "Who is my audience?", "Who am I targeting?", "What question should I help answer?", and "What are the best platforms targeted towards my specific audience or job opening?"
To get the best results, posts should be spread among multiple platforms and the content should be a variation of:
- white papers
- Join relevant groups (LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Post on platforms they actually use
- Facebook- used every day of the week + weekends
- LinkedIn- mostly used during the work week (Mon-Friday)
- Pinterest- mostly used after work + weekends
- Post weekly -multiple times a week is best- either morning or night depending on social platform
- Design an interesting/powerful cover image
- Create "click-worthy" content
- Creative branded content
Candidates prefer two-way communication, so suggest including polls that are interactive to help candidates answer an important question which will in turn provide important data to your company to analyze as a case-study.
It all starts with estimating costs. In order to calculate recruitment costs for budget planning, consider:
1) Estimating your total number of new hires for the year
2) Estimating your recruitment costs (staff, technology, software, onboarding, screening)
3) Setting your marketing budget (job boards, ads, job fairs, promotional items, conferences)
4) Targeting specific groups for targeted ad content (set social media budget based on volume)
5) Calculating the cost of your full-time new hires for 2019 and compare that with the cost of temporary employees recruited by a staffing company
Remember to review budgets quarterly or annually to ensure that it is being implemented in a manner that meets the strategic priorities set by your company.
3. Skills Gap & Employee Training
With the skills mismatch issues in 2019, some of these same issues are affecting 2020 as well. Due to the skills gap, finding workers with the right skills for the job is as difficult as finding them. One avenue to offset the gap is to create an employee training program within your internal business groups.
- Offer training for employees in skills you need to improve.
- Identify which skills employees lack.
- Hire employees externally through a staffing agency.
- Consider hiring temporary employees for a specialized project or skill.
4. Candidate Relationship Management
Investing in a reliable candidate relationship management (CRM) software is essential for 2020 growth. There are many software providers to choose from - select the best one for your specific industry or business goals. Recruitment CRMs are essential to companies in a variety of industries and sizes and has been seen as a major factor to overall success. CRMs allow you to target a particular group of candidates for a certain job opening, send out email marketing campaigns, and more.
Give TPI Staffing a call at (855) 855-4473 or or connect with us to discuss the ways we have helped our clients and find out how we can help your company!
Want to learn more about getting started with a staffing agency for your 2020 hiring needs? Download our Free Employer's Guide to Staffing today.
TPI Staffing has been serving the Houston area for more than 30 years, helping local businesses since 1988. If you are in need of filling your open positions with the right job candidates, contact our team of recruiters today to work with one of the best temporary staffing agencies in Texas.